This session takes an in-depth look into ethics concepts, what influences our ethics decisions, and ethics problem-solving processes to help navigate the perilous ethics waters.
Additional emphasis will be placed on the importance of values and biases. Lastly, the session will take a look at existing research on generational ethics differences.
In “The Fork in The Road: What Impacts Ethics Decisions” with Dennis Gatlin, you will:
- Learn why ethics and ethics codes are important and should be studied;
- Learn where to find ethics statements;
- Review the InFRE Ethics Code to find its underlying values;
- Learn about ethical dilemmas and what drives them;
- Review ethics problem-solving processes;
- Learn about research on generational ethics differences.
This session meets the CRC® requirement of two hours of ethics continuing education every two years.
This course should be taken after the Ethics for Retirement Professionals which covers the InFRE Code of Ethics.